Arena di Verona
Infomation for the spectators of the Arena Opera Festival
Verona, March 2nd 2021
We are well aware that 2021 is not an easy year either, but nevertheless confide in everybody’s ability to handle and understand the need for constant prevention and learn from the good results achieved recently.
During 2020, Fondazione Arena di Verona worked promptly and meticulously to ensure spectators’ and workers’ safety, demonstrating that live shows could and should continue to be staged even during the pandemic.
Last year, a few months after the outbreak of the pandemic, the summer gave us a period of calm compared to the aggressiveness of the virus.
No cases of infection were reported among the over 15,000 spectators who attended the 2020 Summer Festival.
In the event of the safety distances imposed by the Government remaining for precautionary reasons also for the 2021 Season, our Theatre’s response will be to redistribute spectators, safeguarding all sectors (from the stalls to the step seats). In this eventuality, it is easy to understand how it is more important than ever to ensure oneself a seat as of now, because this will be the only guarantee of having the possibility of participating in the events scheduled during the 2021 Arena Opera Festival, even in the case of social distancing.
We shall make certain to prevent total overbooking in the amphitheatre.
Any reallocation of seats will be carried out in such as way as to safeguard spectators and respect their tickets’ economic value. Should the offer not be to the satisfaction of any spectators, compensation of their tickets will be provided as foreseen by law.
General conditions for arena di verona opera festival spectators
The contractual CONDITIONS regarding the provision of services and access to the Arena are published on the official Web site: www.arena.it;
These regulations indicate the conditions for participating in the shows of the Arena di Verona Opera Festival at the Arena di Verona, which spectators must compulsorily observe, and remain personally responsible for failure to respect the following provisions.
The purchase of tickets assumes the complete acceptance of these Regulations.
Failure to respect each and every indication contained in these regulations can result in the ticket holder(s) being refused admission to the Arena Amphitheatre or being turned away, with no later right to reimbursement.
Fondazione Arena di Verona reserves the right to make any changes that may be necessary to the announced schedule's dates, hours and/or production necessary to comply with any new provisions on behalf of the Authorities regarding the health emergency under way.
Any changes to the cast, program and/or production, as well as any changes to the times at which performances begin, do not justify requests for the cancellation/reimbursement of tickets.
In the event of changes, the Fondazione will do the utmost to inform ticket holders. Nevertheless, spectators are responsible for keeping themselves informed of possible changes by periodically consulting the official Web site: www.arena.it
At the moment of purchasing a ticket, the holder, as a member of the audience, agrees to and authorizes audio video recordings during the staging of the show and any relative present and future use of said recordings on behalf the Fondazione, without having a right to any compensation whatsoever.
Spectators undertake to respect all health regulations relative to the prevention of the spread of Covid-19 that are effective when they attend the show, of which appropriate indications will be given on the web site www.arena.it and in the Arena amphitheatre.
The purchase/use of a ticket assumes complete acceptance of these regulations, which can be consulted on the Web site www.arena.it, or at the main ticket office. The possession of a ticket and the respect of the regulations are conditions for spectators’ admission to and stay in the Arena Amphitheatre.
Tickets cannot be duplicated and are only valid for the date shown on them (except when otherwise indicated on the ticket regarding any possibility of recovery on another date in the event of cancellation due to bad weather).
Tickets purchased cannot be modified, reimbursed or returned, unless in the event of cancellation due to bad weather (according to the procedure indicated at point II) or in the event of precise laws and governmental provisions having been issued. In the event of shows for which the possibility of recovery on another date is foreseen (explicitly indicated on the ticket) in the event of cancellation due to bad weather, reimbursement will only be due in the event of the second evening being cancelled due to bad weather (according to the procedure indicated at point II), but without prejudice to the acceptance as of now of any future regulations that prohibit cash reimbursement in favour of reimbursement by means of the issue of vouchers to be used on another date.
Fondazione Arena di Verona reserves the right, for organization or safety reasons, to modify the seats allocated, replacing them in the same sector or in another sector in a higher category with the same visibility and acoustic conditions.
In the event of seats in the same or in a higher category not being available and replacement being necessary with seats in a sector of a lower category, the difference in the price of the tickets will be reimbursed.
For the 2021 Festival, seats will all be numbered. Any unnumbered tickets purchased before the new directives came into effect will be replaced with numbered tickets. Numbered seats will be allocated according to the order in which they are purchased.
In the event of Fondazione Arena, in compliance with any regulations, being obliged to reduce the capacity of the amphitheatre and the number of tickets sold consequently exceeding the permitted number, the extra tickets sold will be reimbursed, but spectators will have the faculty of opting for the issue of vouchers for another show on another date.
Reduced rate tickets will only be valid if accompanied by an ID document or another document proving the holders’ right to the reduction. In the event of ticket holders not having this document with them, they will be required to pay the outstanding sum (the difference between the reduced price and the full price).
In the event of a ticket’s loss or theft, admission is guaranteed on presentation to the Ticket Office Management of a copy of the reported theft/loss submitted to the appropriate authorities or self-certification containing the exact details of the ticket.
In the event of non-use due to drawbacks of a personal nature, tickets cannot be converted to another date or reimbursed.
Ticket sale (or re-sale) by unauthorized parties is prohibited.
The prices shown on the tickets and published on Fondazione Arena di Verona programs are official prices of sale, including relative taxes and duties.
Fondazione Arena di Verona has the faculty to establish a maximum limit of tickets that can be purchased by any individual person for each show.
Tickets and admission pass cards must be conserved for the duration of the show and shown on request to Ushers, for any control.
It is compulsory to occupy exclusively the allocated seat and behave correctly and with respect for other spectators during the performance.
Spectators found without tickets will be accompanied out of the theatre.
It is only permitted to remain in the Ticket Office premises for the time necessary for ticket purchase and withdrawal procedure.
II. Cancellation/suspension in the event of bad weather
Since the shows are staged outdoors, the risk of bad weather cannot be excluded. The case of bad weather (rain, wind, snow, intense cold and similar atmospheric events that make it impossible to stage a show), shows are never cancelled before the time at which they are scheduled to begin.
Should weather conditions prevent the show being staged as scheduled, Fondazione Arena di Verona may postpone the beginning of the performance by up to 150 minutes, before announcing the eventual cancellation of the show.
In the event of the show being stopped after it has begun, spectators have no right to a refund of the ticket price.
Should the show be definitively stopped before the end of Act 1, spectators will have the right to purchase a ticket of the same category as the original ticket, with a discount of approximately 50% on the full price, for another performance at the current Festival or the following year’s Festival. Shows in one act are excluded from this possibility.
In the event of bad weather before the opening of the Arena gates and in the event of weather forecasts not foreseeing any improvement in the conditions in the course of the evening, i.e. in the event of cancellation of the show being reasonably foreseeable, FAV, in agreement with the head police officer on site, may decide to delay (and later cancel) the opening of the gates for public safety and security reasons.
III. Ticket refund procedure
Spectators are informed that Carnet seat number tickets and Open Tickets cannot be refunded, but can be used for successive dates of the current season (subject to the issue of the seat number ticket for the new date). The aforementioned tickets can only be refunded if the cancelled show is the last show of the season in question. Tickets purchased with “Carta del Docente” and ”18app” campaigns cannot be refunded, but can only be exchanged with tickets for later dates at the same Festival.
Refunds can be requested:
- directly at the ticket office - handing tickets in to the Fondazione Arena di Verona ticket office – Via Dietro Anfiteatro 6b - 37121 Verona - immediately after the announcement of the cancellation of the show and for the following fifteen days during normal ticket office opening hours. Reimbursements at the ticket office will be given in cash; in the event of requests for reimbursement for sums of over € 2,999.99, the reimbursement, as per law N°. 208 of 28/12/2015 art. 1 sub-section 898, these can only be given via bank transfer. The applicant in this case must complete the “Refund request form” at the ticket office, indicating his/her name, address, telephone number, bank name and IBAN code or, for foreign bank transfers, SWIFT code, as well as a photocopy of a valid ID document. The refund transfer will be made once the refunds for which the use of cash is allowed are completed.
- within 15 days from the date of the cancelled show, by completing the online form at the following URL: http://bit.ly/modulo-rimborso and attaching the ticket(s).
In any case, for refund requests presented as indicated above, only the nominal purchase price printed on the ticket will be refunded. Refund requests for tickets for cancelled performances will also be accepted after the aforementioned deadlines providing they reach Fondazione Arena di Verona within and no later than October 31st of the year in which the Festival is held. In this case, Fondazione Arena di Verona will refund the price of the ticket minus the taxes and charges applied to the tickets.
Exceptions to these regulations are the effects of provisions, regulations and directives with which the public administration once more prohibits FAV from giving monetary reimbursement of tickets, ordering Fondazione Arena to issue vouchers similar to those issued in compliance with the regulations issued on the occasion of the so-called first lockdown.
The theatre normally opens 120 minutes before the beginning of the show.
For reasons connected with the production, admission time may be postponed.
The ticket office is open every day during the Festival; on show days it is open until the show begins.
Spectators are forbidden to go to their seats once the show has begun. Spectators who arrive late or leave their seats during the show are required to wait until the first interval to go to their seats;
In the event of a check, spectators occupying a seat other than that indicated on their tickets will be obliged to pay the difference in price or will be accompanied out of the theatre.
For admission with reduced-rate tickets, spectators must produce a document showing their right to the reduction in question;
Admission is forbidden to kiddies of less than four years of age;
Minors of less than 14 years of age are only admitted if accompanied by an adult;
Fondazione Arena di Verona can refuse admission to those who:
- arrive in an obviously altered state (admission and spectating is prohibited when under the influence of alcohol or drugs)
- behave aggressively;
- are not dressed in an elegant manner, suited to the decorum of the theatre (for men the minimum requirement is for long trousers and a shirt or button-necked sweater.
FOR EXAMPLE, THE FOLLOWING ARE NOT ALLOWED: SHORT TROUSERS, TANK TOPS/VESTS, SLIPPERS, SPORTSWEAR, BEACHWEAR, ETC.;
- do not allow surveillance staff to control their bags or backpacks.
V. Security controls and limits
For security reasons, Ushers can carry out summary visual inspections at the entrances (Art. 5 lett. C of Min. Decree 06/10/2009). Staff members are also authorized to request inspections and forbid entrance with items that are prohibited inside the Amphitheatre.
The custody is not guaranteed of any items.
Inside the Arena, including the external wall, it is forbidden to introduce:
- cases, trolleys, bags, backpacks or other bulky containers (over 17 litres circa);
- weapons, explosives, fireworks, smoke candles, warning rockets, stones, knives or other objects that are pointed or could cut;
- bicycles, skateboards, roller skates and hover boards;- remote controlled drones or airplanes;
- video cameras, professional and semi-professional cameras, tripods, musical instruments;
- drugs, poison, harmful or hazardous substances and inflammable material;
- plastic bottles larger than 0.5 litres and any other bottle, container or glass/plastic objects and any other blunt instruments that could cause damage to oneself or others (e.g. motorcycle helmets);
- food or beverage;
- animals, excluding registered guide dogs.
In the Arena, it is also forbidden to:
- smoke anywhere in the Amphitheatre, including electronic cigarettes;
- damage or tamper with structures, infrastructures and services in any way;
- climb on to balustrades, parapets, partitions and other structures not intended to host the public;
- it is forbidden to linger near passages, entrance and exit routes, entrances and exits, stairs and any other emergency exit routes;
- photograph shows with or without flash and carry out any type of audio/video recording without authorization, even with a cell phone;
- use selfie sticks;
- use electronic devices such as “Gopro” cameras, tablets or other devices able to record and transmit audio, video and audio-video, collect information or data regarding the show, digitally or using any other media;- use laser pointers;
- display placards, flags, pennants, documents, designs, printed material and banners containing propaganda for political, ideological or religious doctrines, statements or concepts that incite to racial, ethnic or religious hatred, which can hinder the regular staging of the show or obstruct other spectators’ sightlines;
- abandon objects or materials, leaving them unattended or in such a way as to block the exit routes or cause alarm;
- act aggressively
Other rules of behaviour
- eating and drinking are only allowed during the intervals and in the Bar areas set up in the Amphitheatre.
- mobile phones must be switched off before shows begin;
- in the event of an emergency, spectators are requested to stay calm, line up towards the emergency exits and follow the instructions of the ushers and audio announcements.
For service announcements intended for all the public in the Amphitheatre or for handling any emergencies, FAV uses the Public Address system to make audio announcements in Italian, English and German.
The theatre’s service staff will report to the competent police authorities any spectators infringing the indications contained in these regulations and instructions of said theatre staff also regarding the fact that it is absolutely forbidden to make audio/video recordings of the show, which violates the law regarding the protection of performing rights, copyright and other related rights.
Other information on security and on other eventual limitations:
- in the Arena it is permitted to introduce folding/telescopic or small umbrellas, it is also permitted to introduce long umbrellas providing they do not have sharp points or shapes and/or materials that can endanger event and spectator security; assessment of the dangerousness of these object depends on the undisputable discretional judgment of the staff responsible for the control of the entrances;
- in the Arena it is permitted for spectators to introduce and authorized staff to sell beverages, but only in ½ litre plastic bottles or draft beverages in light plastic or paper glasses; it is also permitted, solely in the points of sale authorized by the Organizer, distribution to the public in the stalls of glass champagne flutes with the Fondazione Arena di Verona logo for drinking alcoholic beverages for the traditional toast prior to the show and during the pauses;
- on the occasion of some performances (e.g. inaugural shows, gala evenings or other events at the discretion of the FAV), candles may be distributed to the audience on entering to celebrate the historical rite of the Arena which foresees them being lit by the spectators on the numbered and unnumbered step seats;
- during operas, for show production purposes, on-stage and in backstage zones, special flame or pyro effects may be used; these effects must be previously authorized by the bodies responsible for public safety at the event, who may oblige the organizer to inform the public by means of audio announcements before the beginning of the show.
The entrance gates may not be those indicated on tickets. The on-site indications above each entrance gate will be valid.
Before reaching the entrance gates of the Amphitheatre, spectators must undergo security checks carried out by the Ushers by means of walkthrough metal detector arches and/or handheld metal detectors, or summary visual inspections (Art. 5 lett. C of Min. Decree 06/10/2009) at the pre-filtering entrances. Staff members are also authorized to request inspections and forbid entrance with items that are prohibited inside the Amphitheatre.
For any necessity, contact the Ushers.
There is no cloakroom service.
Any objects found can be consigned directly to the Ushers.
Any objects not reclaimed by the end of the Arena Festival will be consigned to Verona Municipality’s Lost Property Office, tel. +39 045 8079341.
- Spectators with disabilities or limited mobility who are unable to access the stone step seats can purchase reduced rate stone step tickets and have access to stall seats.
Accompanying persons will have a right to purchase a reduced rate stone step seat ticket and will be able to sit in the stalls - if seats are available - or anyway in an area of the stone seats connected with the stalls.
- For information, purchase and picking up these reduced-rate tickets, spectators must contact the Ticket Office Management.
- There are no architectural barriers preventing access to stall seats by spectators with disabilities or limited mobility who require wheelchairs. There are dedicated places reserved for them in the stalls, indicated by an appropriate metallic identification plaque on the ground;
- For any assistance, access and accompanying needs, or indication of reserved spaces and info on services for the public, spectators can contact the Arena Service staff or go to Gate 4.
X. Regulations regarding privacy
- Fondazione Arena di Verona ensures full respect of regulations on matters regarding the protection of spectators’ privacy (Reg. EU 2016/679, Legislative Decree 196/2003 and later amendments) for all the personal data acquired in its relationship with the public (e.g.: issue of personal tickets at special rates or free, handling of some forms of payment).
- All the information regarding the processing of spectators’ personal data is available on the Web site arena.it