Dancer, choreographer, ballet teacher, Susanna Egri iso ne of the most striking personalities of Italian Ballet.
Prima ballerina and choreographer in the most prestigious festivals and theatres (Fenice of Venice, Opera of Florence, Roma Opera, Turin Opera, Spoleto, Nervi, Verona etc.) The name of Miss Egri is particularly tied to the beginning of Italian TV, for which she made the first television choreographies in the Fifties. One of these, Cavalleria Rustucana inspired by Giovanni Verga’s novel (with original music by Migliardi) won the “Premio Italia TV”.
Many of Miss Egri’s choreographies entered the repertoire of foreign ballet companies in Holland, France, Portugal, Sweden, Germany, where she also toured with her Company. In 1984 Miss Egri was the first Italien choreographer invited to China, to create a ballet for the Chinese Ballet Company and to give master-classes to the same.
Also for the Opera field Miss Egri created choreographies for the most outstanding productions such as Arena di Verona (her choreography for Aida went on for seventeen years and is still going on) and was also presented in Vienna (1987), Tokyo (1989), Cesarea (1993) and Dortmund (1997).
In 1996 for her artistical “Gold Anniversary” the Region of Piemont presented her with the book: “Susanna Egri – Half Century of Dance”, whose revenues helped in funding a proiect to support young choreographer at the beginning of their career. Recently she took part in the TV serial “Il Grande Torino” performing the role of “ballet master” of the young Susanna (i.e. herself), leading character of the fiction.
The University of Turin is the organizer of an International Meeting celebrating her unremitting activity, April 2009.
- Premio Positano –1976 As ”Messenger of the Italian Ballet in the World”.
- Viotti d'oro Vercelli -1980 “For her excellence as dancer, choreographer and teacher”. Award given by an International jury to artist who most honoured the musical art in the world (e.g. Stravinsky for music, Ulanova and Fracci for Ballet).
- “Special acknowledgment to the career” by the city of Vicenza and the Jury of “Sakharoff Pricze” 1998.
- Premio Positano - 1999 For the record number of performances of Aida at the Arena di Verona.
- Prize of the city of Alessandria 2006.
- Prize to career Arenzano Festival 2008.