Universities at the Opera
Do you study or work at a University? Do you want to experience one of the Arena Opera Festival performances?
We’ve come up with some really special rates for you! This initiative includes all universities’ teaching and non-teaching staff.
Unnumbered seats on steps - sectors C and F - 10.00 euros
Numbered seats on steps - 40.00 euros
Numbered central seats on steps - 50.00 euros
Nabucco 25th June; 3/9/15/18/23 July; 13/18/22/26/29 August; 1/5 September
Aida 5/7/12/14/19/31 July; 9/11/19/23/27/30 August; 2/6 September
Tosca 26th June; 8/11/16 July; 6/14 August
Don Giovanni 4/10/17/30 July; 12th August
Roberto Bolle and Friends 22nd July
Carmen Gala Concert 24th July
Carmina Burana 25th August
Il Barbiere di Siviglia 1/7/20/28 August; 4th September
Romeo et Juliette 8/21 August; 3rd September
You can purchase a maximum of two reduced-rate tickets for each opera at the Opera Festival.
Without booking: payment is made when picking up the tickets, for one or more performances, directly at the main Fondazione Arena di Verona ticket office in Via Dietro Anfiteatro 6/b, after showing one’s student record book, ID badge or Student Credit Card (for students) or personal ID card/ magnetic badge (for university staff).
With booking: by sending a booking application for one or more performances to the following e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to: +39 045 8013287, with the following data:
- applicant’s name, surname and e-mail address or telephone number, performance date and seating sector chosen;
- photocopy of the applicant’s record book or university ID card;
- copy of the consent form for the processing of personal information completed in all its parts.
Once booking confirmation has been received from the Arena ticket office, payment and withdrawal of tickets can be carried out as follows:
- cash payment, at the main Fondazione Arena ticket office at the latest 24 hours before the first performance booked;
- payment via postal order, Italian bank draft or bank transfer, at least 14 days before the first performance date, with tickets being picked up on the evening of the performance at the main Fondazione Arena ticket office.
No matter what type of payment is chosen, ticket payment must be received by our ticket office within and no later than the day before the first performance requested, otherwise the booking will be cancelled.
In order to avoid tickets with special prices being re-sold, we inform that the name of the university and the name and surname of the purchaser of special-rate tickets (student/staff), will be printed on the tickets in question.
For any further information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Informed consent (to be completed)
1. Can university lecturers, students and non-teaching staff purchase reduced-rate tickets on the evening of the performance?
Tickets can be purchased on the evening of the performance, without booking, subject to the evening’s seating availability, with payment being made when picking up the tickets, for one or more performances, directly at the main Fondazione Arena di Verona ticket office in Via Dietro Anfiteatro 6/b, after showing one’s student record book, ID badge or Student Credit Card (for students) or personal ID card/ magnetic badge (for university staff).
2. How many tickets can be purchased by those who have a right to the special “Universities at the opera” rates? Can their parents and friends also take advantage of this concession?
Those who have a right to the special rates can purchase two tickets for each opera, up to a maximum of 18 tickets for the 9 operas scheduled. The second ticket is transferable and not restricted to the categories foreseen by the initiative.
3. Who should be contacted with enquiries regarding the availability of seats for specific performances?
For enquiries only regarding seating availability for the various evenings, the ticker office can be contacted directly: +39 045 596517.
4. Can reduced-rate tickets be purchased on the Arena di Verona Web site, from authorized vendors/agents or banks?
No, reduced-rate tickets can only be purchased at the main Arena ticket office, according to the aforementioned procedure: without booking or with booking.
5. What documents are necessary to show that one belongs to one of the categories with a right to special-rate tickets?
A photocopy of one’s student record book, university ID card, CartAteneo or a contract of collaboration with the university (researchers, graduate students, etc.); a photocopy of the first page of the documents is sufficient, showing personal data and the name of the university.